Sunday 25 January 2015

January 25th - My Veggie Patch

January 25th
I am grateful for my veggie patch. I got my veggie patch as a Christmas present from my in-laws. This has encouraged my passion to continue gardening and growing my own vegetables, herbs and flowers. I have been into garden maintenance, such as mowing the lawn and weeding, making a garden look presentable, but this is the first time I had ever grown things from a seedling or sprout.

I am grateful having a veggie patch garden for several reasons. This gives me a chance to keep myself busy as I cannot sit still for too long without finding something constructive to do, but it has helped me learn about grown and development. Seeing a plant grow from something small into something that produces either fruit vegetables or herbs has made me realise that I too can start doing something small and develop great things, all I have to do is burture and care for my development, whether it is personal development in my mind, or developing a healthy, fit body. It has taught me to realise, I have to start somewhere small to become something big.

Watching the produce in my veggie garden grow has also help me learn and appreciate food more. With all the effort and care I had put into growing something, I am able to appreciate the nutrition and health it is giving me, therefore I am not just seeing food as something that I can discard easily or waste a lot of. I would feel it is a waste of time for someone to not appreciate the effort and care I had put into growing that particular food, for them to just throw it away. And with extension to my understanding, this goes for anything in life that I or anyone else puts effort in doing.

Therefore, I am grateful for my veggie patch, to give me fresh and healthy food to eat and enjoy, as well as the lessons in life which I have understood and put into practise to be a better person to others and to use this analogy to motivate others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment