Sunday 8 November 2015

November 7th - The 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit at Confirmation

November 7th
I am grateful for the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit which I spiritually received during Confirmation. This is a Catholic practice and belief for all those who seem a bit unsure of what I am talking about.

These seven gifts are wisdom, understanding, right judgement, courage, knowledge, reverence and, wonder and awe.

I am grateful that these spiritual gifts were given to me. Many people who are reading this may think "yeah what ever, I have these gifts too but I didn't have to go through some Catholic church tradition to receive them". If this is you, then that is fine and I can understand you having that sarcastic and 'stand offish' tone (if it is stand offish and sarcastic),

I am grateful that these gifts of the Holy Spirit remind me that I have these virtues within me to go through life happily, joyfully, successfully, morally correct, positively and meaningfully. At times when I feel low or a bit lost in life, I can remember these gifts and re energise myself, get back on my feet and remember the greatness I have within myself to get through the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment