Tuesday 13 October 2015

October 12th - When I am nearly broke

October 12th
I am grateful for the times where I have next to no money in my wallet or bank account and forced to live life cent by cent. Bit of an odd and unusual gratitude....but here is why I am grateful.

When I am nearly broke, I learn many things. I learn the value of money, the value of working hard for money, the things money can get me and figuring out how to live life without money. This doesn't mean I should be living homelessly or like a major 'Scrooge', but I become mindful of where I am spending my money, how much I am spending and if it is necessary or not.

I am grateful that being in this situation, wakes me up and brings me back to reality. I realise that I am spending too much at one certain place, or on a certain item and need to be mindful if it necessary to buy that item or items when I do have money. Or if I can actually put a certain amount away for a bigger, better reward. Or it can unfortunately go towards bill without needing to worry or stress if I will have enough to pay it.

I am grateful that I can still enjoy life and have fun, even with my friends, without using any money, but actually enjoying their company without needing to buy anything to 'semi entertain' me while I am with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment