Tuesday 13 October 2015

October 13th - Foreign Languages

October 13th
I am grateful for foreign languages. At my work, I work with many nationalities, French, Mauritian, Italian, Chinese, Filipino, Australian, African.....the list goes on. And during lunch, I sometimes hear them speak to each other in their native languages, either to another staff member, or on the phone to a family member. To me, I find this fascinating.

I am grateful for foreign languages as this allows many people to communicate more effectively with another person. If they are unable to explain themselves to the other person in English, they can explain themselves better in their native language, and then can have help translating a message by another person or get better results in the task at hand.

To extend the gratitude even further, this allows me to meet people from other countries and nationalities, get to learn from them, and understand the different ways they work, and adapt to this Australian culture. I am grateful that I am able to learn these languages and communicate with other nationalities if I ever go to visit their country.....or many one day, live there perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment