Thursday 11 June 2015

June 11th - The Dark

June 11th
I am grateful for the darkness. I do not mean being in a place of sadness, terror, fear or evil, I am meaning being in a room or place where there is no sunlight or electrical light and I cannot see anything.

I am grateful for this as this leaves me alone with my mind, leaving no visual or external distraction. I used to dislike this as I would have many thoughts upset me or make me procrastinate on other thoughts. But allowing me to sit in a dark room has helped me understand and listen to these thoughts in my mind and learn from them, and them learn how I think and do things. Now I do this quite often and feel quite peaceful after sitting by myself after a period of time, how ever long that length of time may be.

This may sound childish but it has helped me overcome my fear of the dark, If something was going to attack me in the dark, it will still attempt to attack me whether I am aware of its presence or not. And in some cases, it could still attack me in a room full of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment