Monday 29 June 2015

June 29th - Jesus

June 29th
I am grateful for Jesus, and the example that he gives me to live a life of happiness, truth and persistence, just to name a few.

Many people don't believe in Jesus, some don't believe he existed many many years ago and that His story is made up or fictional. If you are thinking that, that's fine, each to their own. But whether it is real or not, the story of his life is rather inspirational to me.

From what I have learn, he was someone who spoke a truth and belief that he knew, and he said certain things to benefit and help others. He stood out and he stood against, what he felt, was not a good way to live. He spoke his mind and didn't go back on his word, standing up for what he felt was right and wanted other to do good as well. He didn't turn people down, in fact he took them in and helped them. And yes, he was called a criminal going against the laws of the time and got persecuted and killed.

I am grateful for this example of Jesus. Standing up for what is right, even though he knew many were against him. I am grateful to know such an example of strong mindedness, determination, righteousness and peace (not kicking up a fuss when he was on his way to his death on a cross).

I always see this example and think 'would I take all the beatings and discrimination, quietly, or would I make a scene and attempt running away. Would I be peaceful or aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment