Saturday 6 June 2015

June 6th - Fictional Books / Novels

June 6th
I am grateful for books, especially fictional novels. I find reading these books expands my imagination by imagining the world that the writer is describing rather having someone else give me their version of the book through a movie.

I am grateful that these books can also help me see the world in another form and makes me understand that anything is possible. This meaning, for example, that in a fictional novel, pigs can actually fly or the sea is in place of the sky and vice versa, and this makes sense in a story or is normal. And the writer makes it seem normal. Therefore, I can come back to reality and see that anything can be done, it is my mind that is stopping me from making things possible if I allow it. Hoping that makes sense.

This is why I am grateful for fictional novels. They are also fun to read, allowing me to escape the real world for brief moments, sometimes bringing me joy. But these stories that I read can also fill me with other emotions like sadness, fear or worry. They allow me to feel and have opinions on characters. Then I can understand these feelings and transfer them into the real world, feeling for other people and helping them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment