Monday 8 June 2015

June 8th - A flower

June 8th
I am grateful for flowers. I don't mean the ones that I give to my wife, although I'm pretty sure she is grateful for them when she gets them, I am talking about flowers that I see in parks and fields. I have found a gratitude for these little items that I see quite often and have learn that they can help me understand how to be calm about life. I can say, which may sound odd to you now, that one single flower in an open field has taught me a lesson about how to deal with life.

I am grateful for the lesson that a flower in an open field gives me. I was sitting in a park and meditating, relaxing and watching the world go by, not letting anything interfere with my mind. I had hear a saying that you should be like a flower in an open field. It gets pushed around by the wind, whether lightly or strongly, takes the heat of the sun, hot or dull, the rain, again either strong or lightly and any type of weather really but it always remains strong, upright and never bows down.

This has taught me that I should have the frame of mind that things can hit me hard, try and take me down, but I must remain strong like a flower and take on any 'weather' and stand strong, upright and not bow down to anyone or anything. So for this I am grateful for the natural example a flower has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment