Friday 7 August 2015

August 5th - My self discipline

August 5th
I am grateful for the self discipline that I have 're-activated' in myself to achieve many things. However, I am still learning to control myself through my own efforts to be a better person and believe that this will be ongoing throughout my life. I am grateful that I have snapped out of the mind frame of thinking I am too weak against negative influences and resistances from others as well as from my own mind.  I am still learning to become a stronger minded person.

To me, self discipline is knowing what is good for you and saying yes to it and doing it, despite having your mood and thoughts of being lazy or wanting to procrastinate take control. I am grateful that my self discipline has enabled me to prove to myself that I can do things which I once dreamt of achieving. I am grateful that my self discipline is improving my mental state, helping me to think more positive about myself, the way I do things and how I react to all types of situations.

I am grateful that self discipline had helped me loose weight, kick out many personal bad habits, built up my self esteem, and realise I am a human being and not a robot. I am grateful it has helped me to be more truthful to myself, and to learn from my mistakes, instead of convincing myself of the reason why I made a mistake, just to make myself feel good for that brief moment.

I am grateful that self discipline has made me more aware of the world around me, helped me understand my thoughts and actions, and to keep my mind active, utilising the time I have on this Earth to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment