Monday 23 February 2015

February 23rd - My Body

February 23rd
I am grateful for the body that I have. I am grateful for everything I physically am. I am grateful for all my body parts, my arms, legs, hair, fingers, head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes, knees and toes.....as well as my internal organs, my heart, lungs, liver, kidneys....everything.

I am grateful that I am physically healthy, having every part of my body working at its very best. Some parts of my body may not be as strong as another persons, but I am grateful to have the amount of strength that I currently have, being able to perform all tasks that are needed for my work, recreation and daily living.

I will confess to being ungrateful for the body which I had, being convinced that it was unhealthy, not what it should be but what it could be by many people, and this made me unhappy, thinking that I was unattractive and not fitting into the social physique of a sports person or body builder. And yes I have lost the weight and become more physically active, but I am very grateful to have muscles and energy in my body to do simple tasks like get out of bed in the morning. There are many people I know who struggle to get out of bed and need assistance, whether they have a physical disability, due to ageing or have an illness which effects them.

It may not be the perfect, ideal or most attractive body as possibly seen others (or maybe it is??), but I am very grateful and blessed to have the physical body which I have. Even if it does becomes diseased, possibly amputated in places (who knows) or ill in the future, I will remember to be grateful that it is the body which I have been given and it is still functioning to its best, and remember to think that I have used it to the best that I could in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment