Wednesday 25 February 2015

February 25th - Candles

February 25th
I am grateful for candles. There are many reasons why I am grateful for a simple thing as a candle, both personal and religiously.

I am grateful that candles are able to set a romantic mood to a night with a special one. I know it sounds sucky but it does set a great moos and atmosphere, especially while having dinner. Don't know it till you at least try it. I am also grateful that it is used as a substitute to light up a room that little bit when the power goes out and you don't have a torch to use after you make dinner.

I am grateful that I am able to use it as a source of meditating and relaxing, centring my focus on the candle flame to distract myself from thoughts.

From a religious point, I am grateful that the candle represents many things, such a symbol of life, using it as a symbol to remember a deceased loved one. We also light our large Easter candle (Paschal candle) as a symbol of Christ, the light of the world. This also represents newness and new life, which is why the Paschal Candle is lit during a baptism, bring a new life into the religion. For me, I see a candle as a form of my prayers being ascended to heaven as it burns, being received by God himself. Each to their own, but this is what I like to believe.

I am grateful that candles help me relax, especially if they are scented. Even certain scented candles help me concentrate when I am working or help me recover when I am feeling unwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment