Saturday 7 March 2015

March 7th - Public ovals and grounds

March 7th
I am grateful for public ovals and sports grounds open to for the public to use when there isn't a sporting even occurring.

I am grateful that I and many others use these facilities for exercise, sports and recreation at any time that it is open. I am able to run laps of the oval for exercise, and while I am doing that I see groups of friends and family members getting together and playing soccer at one part of the ground, and at the other end another group of friends playing kick to kick with their footy (AFL). And on another ground, a group playing a game of cricket. I even join in with other strangers doing laps of the oval, sometimes seeing them do push ups and sit ups in a corner, not game enough to do that yet.

I am grateful that I am able to watch and enjoy a local game of cricket and football during their seasons, And I am grateful that these sport men and women are able to use the grounds to play for their town or suburb in competitions.

I am grateful that I am able to use these facilities for free and enjoy playing sports or do fitness exercises when I like, and having the change to play specific sports for the local team or town.

No comments:

Post a Comment