Monday 9 March 2015

March 9th - My name

March 9th
I am grateful for my name. When I was younger I really disliked my name, thinking is was different, un-original and weird. I used to get picked on, being called all sorts of names that rhymed with it.

But as I have grown older, I have found I am grateful to have a name such as mine, and able to call it my own, still knowing it is different and un-original, which is what makes it so unique.

I am grateful that I am able to make a name for myself and be clearly identified by others on my achievements and accomplishments, not being another John Smith who may blend in with the rest of society or find it hard by others to tell which John Smith it is who accomplished that specific great work.

I am grateful for both my first and last name, as I said before, I am able to be recognised clearly by others, by doing great things in the world, making my name well known to others. I may not be known around the world, or maybe I will, but at least I'll be known to my friends, family and locals for who I am and what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment