Tuesday 22 December 2015

December 12th - Prayers

December 12th
I am grateful for prayers. Many people believe that prayer brings them the things they need, not what they want. I believe this is true, but I am personally grateful for prayer on a personal, selfish reason.

I am grateful that prayer helps me in times when I am stressed, under pressure, unsure of something, scared, nervous or happy and grateful for something that I have received or been rewarded. I find that prayer mentally helps me prepare myself for what is to come, whatever the circumstance may be. I am grateful that prayer gets me into a better and positive frame of mind.

I am grateful that I am able to pray to God, Jesus, Mary, or any of the other saints that are recognised in my Catholic faith, and help me get through life in the best mindset. Some people may not believe me or think this is just 'mumbo jumbo', and honestly I sometimes think prayer isn't working for me.

But I feel that prayer is something that prepares the mind for the unknown future that is unfolding before me. It helps calm my nerves down when I need to. I have also learnt that prayer does not have to be reciting well known prayers, however I have really stopped to understand the meaning to those prayers and the words contained in the prayer and it has helped me with forgiving and understanding my past, keeping me alert in my present and keep me strong for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment