Sunday 12 July 2015

July 12th - Telling the truth

July 12th
I am grateful when people tell the truth to others and to themselves. This has been a major theme in my life and I have relived and analysed the word 'truth' scrupulously this week.

I am grateful for people who have told me the truth in my life, I am extremely grateful for those moments and I thank all those people who have told me nothing but the truth in my life, I really appreciate it. Especially at times when it was something I didn't want to hear, but did in fact need to hear. Or at times when it would have been the easier option to just tell me a little white lie to save an awkward moment for themselves or for me.

I am grateful that I have had great examples of people who life by telling the truth to others and how they live their lives more happier and less stressfully. I am grateful that I have these people in my life.

To tell you the truth, I confess to being a compulsive liar to myself and to others. I would tell others what they wanted to hear rather than the truth, whether it would be an opinion or fact about themselves or a specific topic. This was a cowards way out of telling others what I thought, so avoid confrontations or show I wasn't in fact knowledgeable on a topic.

I am grateful that I am a more honest and truthful person now, still a bit rough around the edges but making a more concious effort to eliminate this 'bad habit'.

No comments:

Post a Comment