Friday 10 July 2015

July 9th - Fire Fighters

July 9th
I am grateful for fire fighters. I have not needed the assistance of a fire fighter yet, thankfully, but I have seen many stories and footage on the news and newspapers; and have heard many stories on the radio of the life and death situations they put themselves in to save the lives of others.

I am grateful firstly, for the fire fighters who work long and hard during bushfire seasons. They do their best to save lives that are trapped within the bushfires, successful some of the time; and save many houses and homes. I am grateful that they do this for people who they have never met before.

I am grateful that they put their own lives at risk, especially volunteer fire fighters, as they leave their families riskfully and can lose their lives quite easily. I am grateful that they put themselves at risk of sever bodily damage to themselves too.

I am grateful for the minor jobs they do, which are sometimes not so minor when you think about it. These jobs include saving cats and animals in bad situations, saving children who could be trapped somewhere and breaking people out of building and cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment