Saturday 10 January 2015

January 10th - My Friends

January 10th
I am grateful for the friends that I have now and in the past. Without my friends, I wouldn't have been able to get through many things in my life without them. I am grateful for the advice, help, motivation and support they have given me throughout my life, whether it was at a younger age or more recently.

I am grateful for the friendships during my childhood. Having these friends around me eliminated loneliness. It may sounds like I'm being dramatic but if you stop and think of your childhood without friends, you may not be as successful in your life now. You would have unknowingly have learnt how to work co-operatively in a team, develop trust in people, and be more psychologically sound, seeing the world in a brighter, positive way, and not afraid of people and developing personally. Yes, there were many 'friendships' which were short lived and not healthy, but they helped me understand that I cannot get along with everyone and become understanding of the other, and that neither person, in kids words, is a loser.

I am grateful for the friendships I have now. I find I am still learning about which friendships are healthy, wholesome and positive; the friendships I should keep at arms length; the friendships which are just there for laughs; and the friendships which are abusive and negative. I will concentrate on the friendships that are wholesome, as well as the ones there for laughs, as I find these are the two more important friendships on the list. The reason I am grateful for the 'laughing' friendships is because they help release tension and frustration at time where I haven't had a good day, week or month. These friendships are followed closely to the 'wholesome' friendships, as these friends give me advice and support, letting me know that they are there for me, not just in words, but more by their actions. I am grateful for these friendships.

I am extremely grateful for the wholesome friendships. These friendships are the ones who want to bring out the best in me. These friends are absolutely truthful. If it is the harsh truth, it is said with good intentions. It is said for my own good and with good reason, it's not said to bring me down at all, or tell me I'm wrong or stupid, but to help me see a more greater way of seeing the world and myself. I am grateful for the friendships that can respect my point of view on different topics, and I will do the same, as I believe friendships are a two way street.

I am grateful to all my friends. Thank you for everything you are to me, you have helped me grow to be a stronger, wiser person. Thank you for all the physical help, whether it would be helping me organising an event, moving a house, lending items to make life easier or helping me with my fitness. Thank you for all the mental / psycological help, whether it may be talking one on one with me about problems, helping me with questions about life that I was unsure about, picking me up when I was down or giving me books on spiritual enlightenment or organising life in my mind. Without you all I know I wouldn't be living life as positive, enlightened, fulfilling, joyful and as blessed as I do now. You guys are awesome! Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment