Wednesday 28 January 2015

January 28th - Clothing

January 28th
I am grateful for clothing. I am grateful to have such items to keep me warm when its cold, help me look presentable at necessary occasions and making me feel comfortable. It is something we overlook quite often but something we need everyday. I have seen pictures of people who don't have the amount of clothing you or I have, and would love to have clothing items that make them feel warm and comfortable.

I am grateful for the clothes I have that make me feel warm during the cold seasons. Having jackets and raincoats to keep protect me from cold rain or wind when I'm outside. As someone who is prone to getting the flu or a cold during winter, I am grateful to have jackets and raincoats to prevent me from getting sick. I am even grateful for the clothing I have during Summer or the warmer days, having clothing to wear outdoors but not feel too hot. And I don't think many people would appreciate me walking around with no top on. :oP

I am grateful to have clothing that makes me look presentable for occasions such as wedding, formal dinners or events and unfortunately funerals. It has even helped me during times where I have had interviews or meeting to help me look more presentable and quite possible persuasive in showing a successful front to clients and managers of businesses.

In my acting field, I am grateful to have a range of clothing to take with me to shoots where I can pursuade an audience to think I am a certain character in a play or film, whether it may be a time piece back in the 1940's or even furthur back (perhaps in the times of Jesus hehehe), or even re-enacting a character from another country.

I am grateful and honestly fascinated by the clothing of different countries and cultures. I find some items of clothing can tell a story of a culture. For example, a sari from India or Sri Lanka, or even ponchos from Mexico. The colours and patterns that are designed on clothing really stands out.

I remember being picked on, and seeing some other students get picked on for the clothes they wore, because it wasn't an expensive or popular branding of clothing. As much as I would have liked to have popular branding clothes when I was younger, I would have been in trouble quite often as I was a kid who enjoyed playing outdoors and running around. But I think I am grow to appreciate clothing a lot more these days and believe some branding names make simple items of clothing unnecessarily expensive.

I am grateful to have clothing in my live for all the reasons about, and failing to mention as well, to have clothing for exercising. I am grateful that there are many different designs of clothing to help me be presentable as well and giving people a sense of my personality in a way, showing I can be humorous, serious or sophisticated at times, helping me keep warm or cooler for which ever seasons and keeping me comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment