Friday 16 January 2015

January 16th - My House and home

January 16
I am grateful to have a house and a home. I put these two together as I am grateful firstly to live in a building that provides comfort, shelter from the weather and personal security. Secondly, it is also a home, a place of welcoming love, peace, harmony and happiness. I am very grateful to have both of these in my life.

I have heard of many people say that they want many possessions in their house that will fill them with happiness, like a 60" television, a state of the art kitchen, automatic gardening sprinklers, in-door pool etc. These are all very nice things and yes I admit to having dreams of purchasing some of these features in my dream house, but the truth is, it wouldn't make me as happy as I am now. I have also seen the homeless struggle out in the streets, creating a temporary roof above their head to cover themselves from the weather, and they may probably love to have a room with just four walls and a secure roof to live in. I know I would be grateful for that if I was in their shoes, And as I sit here, I look around my room, with memorable pictures on the walls and comfortable furniture around me, and I realise there are more rooms outside of this one too. And for this I am grateful, extremely grateful for this comfort.

I find so much comfort in my house and it is more the fact that I find peacefulness than anything else. For many years I have wanted to have some sort of mental stability of living and found it hard to do so while abiding by the rules of my parents in their house, more so at an older age. Don't get me wrong, it isn't anything they have done against me but knowing I have that little extra freedom to live my life, along with my wife, (hehehe that rhymes) and work towards our goals and dreams in our life together, without disturbing anyone else's plans.

I know I haven't written much in this blog, or I may have written too much in my other blogs, but I am grateful to have a roof above my head, to live comfortably and having peace and happiness live inside my house. I feel so lucky to have all that I have with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment