Thursday 15 January 2015

January 15th - My Acting Talent

January 15th
I am grateful for the many talents I have, but I am grateful for one in particular today, and that is my acting / performing talent. I am grateful for the people around me that helped me nurtured this talent, helped me realise that there was something there from the beginning, paying close attention to it, encouraged it and helping me refine my skills in acting, especially as a specific character in a production or in developing a character.

I am grateful to my high school drama teacher who was the first to encouraged me to work hard in acting and that I was exceptional in my acting and creative writing skills for plays and scenes. This is what got me started in developing interest in acting and performing.

After high school I discovered a love for writing charecter profiles, having a project hobby of writing some full length movie scripts as well based on life stories, which no one knew about until NOW!! I am personally grateful for this talent as it helped me vent out problem and living situation during that time and of things in the past, keeping me in a way happy with life at that time and where i was emotionally.

I am grateful to my past friends and acquaintances for starting me off with developing and pursuing the amount of acting I have done thus far. I was referred to join a musical by my friends and had acted in that company for several years, playing different roles in the principal cast. I was noticed by a someone in the audience who referred me to another production company. I started off as a minor cast member in this new company, and in the final years of being in that theatre group , I rose to play as the main charecter in a production. It was such an honour. I am absolutely grateful for that role. Anyway, a member of the cast who I became friends with said I would do well in the talent agency he is apart of which manages background television extras role and part roles in television commercials. I pursued this further and have landed many roles in different commercials, being recognised by different filming companies when going on different sets.

The long and short of this is, I am grateful to have the talent of acting and performing as it has made life so much more interesting and memorable, allowing me to meet new friends and people from all walks of life. I am also grateful that I am able to perform for people to create happiness in their lives and send out messages of hope, love and peace in my performances and self developed skits. I am grateful for learning the skills I have learn and getting over my fear of public speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment