Friday 9 January 2015

January 9th - My Job

January 9th
I am grateful for my job. Actually I am grateful for all the jobs I had, whether they are enjoyable or not is a different story but I most certainly am grateful to have had them. I have had several jobs. I have work in a warehouse distributor centre, a Sri Lankan retail store, a car finance / insurance / dealership national head office, a tint films company, again in a Sri Lankan retail store (which is my parents business) and finally in Aged Care.

I can honestly say, the past jobs that I had were not for me, some took me a while to understand and get used to, some were good but not the type of work I wanted to make a living from, and ONE which I knew I definitely didn't fit into. But I am grateful to have all those jobs, I gave it all I could and learnt many things along the way. My work ethic has gradually built up and my drive to get things done effectively and efficiently has increased. There have been many challenges, tasks and problems which I had faced in my previous jobs. They had taught me how I can deal with oncoming challenges and problems if they arise, how I can prevent it from happening in the first place or how I can organise myself to successfully resolve them, or complete the difficult task with as much ease as possible.

The phrase 'no pain, no gain' comes to mind with work. I hear and see many people within my jobs and roles say they find a task hard, that they can't do it and move away from it, leaving it for someone else to do it. I may have even been someone who has done that once or twice but I have realised that if I don't put in the time and effort to know how to do something or experience the difficulty of the task, I will never improve in my role. The phrase "practise makes perfect" comes to mind as well. And I wouldn't have learnt that if it wasn't for the jobs and roles I had in the past, so for that I am grateful for the jobs I had in the past.

I am grateful and also very happy with the job I have at the moment. I am a PCW, which stands for Personal Care Worker in the field of Aged Care. When I studied Aged Care, I wasn't too sure if this would be the job for me, but as I learnt more about the job, I found it interesting and worthwhile. Now, with my role in a facility, it is clear that this is the job for me. Not wanting to blow my own horn, but being naturally caring, wanting to help people and to live each day peacefully and relaxing, I feel I allow the residents in my care to have such a day. I assist them to have quality of life, whether they are in my care for a short or long time  I find my job very fulfilling and grateful to the management for giving me this job and helped me to find a fulfilling career, I am also grateful to my fellow staff members, colleagues and friends at work for making me feel welcome and appreciated each time I am at work. Thank you for all the many laughs, all the advice and support; and helping work not feel like work, it is a pleasure coming into work for my shifts and working with you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment