Saturday 17 January 2015

January 17th - My backyard

January 17th
I am grateful for my backyard. In any house I have lived in, I have always been excited to have a backyard, whether it was big or small. The reason for this is because I like to have friends and guest come to our house and when the weather is good, I like to have an area where I can do outdoor entertainment, and the backyard I have now is ideal. I could easily say that I wish I had more land and space, but that would be greedy and unnecessary, I am very grateful for the amount of land volume my backyard contains.

I like spending time outdoors and keeping busy, and when we moved into our house, the backyard looked nice, but I could see how I can make it better, and that I did. I spent some time pulling out weeds from around the garden beds which stretch along the fence line and a part of the back of the house. I planted some flowers and bush plants along the beds to give the backyard a bit of colour and placed tanbark mulch over the top to make the backyard look a bit more presentable. And to make it better, I got a raised vegetable plot for Christmas and got stuck right into it, planting herbs and vegetables (but I write about how grateful I am to have this another time). I hope I don't sound like I'm ungrateful for the backyard that I had, where I needed to improve it, but this gave me the opportunity to work on something productive, and I'm grateful to have a "canvas" backyard to work with.

I am grateful to have a backyard as I find it a place to relaxation, to get fresh air and unwind if need be. I do a lot of pondering and gather ideas either about life or for stories and skits which I can produce. I even find it refreshing taking a book outside with a cup of coffee or Milo (or berocca as I usually do). Or if you are a 'wierdo' like me, I sometimes sit outside and listen to the traffic that goes by, or the sounds of nature, with the birds singing in the distance. I find a sense of relaxation in my backyard, and I find exclusively secluded from the "outside" world on the other side of the fences.

These are some of the reasons why I am grateful to have a backyard. It's not something I necessarily need, but I am grateful to have one and make it my own little natural sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment