Monday 26 January 2015

January 26th - Australia

January 26th
I am grateful for the country I live in, AUSTRALIA! Being born in Australia, I'm not like many people and can say I migrated or moved to this country, and can't really compare it to 'an old country', but I don't think I can call any other place home. I am grateful for the opportunities this country has to offer. It has provided me and many many others with support in my education, finances, work and living.

I am grateful for the facilities of my education, whether it was in Primary school, Secondary College or TAFE (and for some others, University). Within these facilities, they have successful supplied resources to help me understand the curriculum, for example, having classrooms with black and white boards and ovals, basketball and tennis courts to learn sports. I am grateful for the standard equipment and programs they have provided to help me learn and grow. Even our TAFEs and University have up to date facilities to further our education to help us get into the workforce and further succeed in making this country more resourceful and easier to live in.

I am grateful for how the country and government have financially helped and supported us. Having places like Centrelink to provide financial support to students, people without a job, or who are injured etc., is such a great support to have, and I have been told (correct me if I'm wrong) not many other countries have this. Therefore I am grateful that the country I live in does provide this service to people living in Australia.

I am grateful for the amount of work this country has to offer. There are so many opportunities that have come my way for work and have not been without a job since I left high school. I know this is something other countries offer, but I am grateful to live in a country that DOES provide this.

I am grateful for the housing and residential properties that are on offer for me to live in, its quite luxurious actually. I am so grateful to have apartments, units or houses where I can live in, that are affordable.

The reason I have said these things and show my gratitude for it is because I see so many people complain and talk down this country and wanting more from it, but many don't really see what they have right in front of them, and aren't really showing gratitude, this is a big thing for me.

As today is Australia day, I am grateful to live on this land, enjoying all the famous natural landmarks that we can call ours such as Uluru (Ayers Rock), and man made structures like The Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. The cultural diversity is acceptable by all and not alienated, no one can tell me they haven't eaten any foreign food while living in Australia. I am grateful for all the services this country has to offer and everything I have learnt from it.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!! OI OI OI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment