Sunday 18 January 2015

January 18th - Water

January 18th
I am grateful to have water. It is a simple thing, yet it does many wonderful things for me and I couldn't live without it, literally.

When I was younger, I never really liked drinking water on its own, and I'm pretty sure most children are the same, so my mum use to buy cordial concentrate and I wouldn't be able to drink that without the dilution of water. Seriously, have you tried drinking that stuff without water?!?! (WARNING: Do NOT try drinking undiluted cordial). Now, in my adult life, I find I need to drink water constantly otherwise I simply just don't feel good. I feel like my body is lacking something. I have found I can't think or function properly when I am dehydrated. I'm not wanting to sound like a nerd but water is so beneficial for your body and always need replenishing. And as someone loosing weight and becoming fitter and healthier, water does wonders for my mind and my body while I'm hydrated.

But I am grateful and thankful to have water, other than having it for drinking purposes. and I'm sure you would be grateful too. I am grateful to be able to have hot showers and means to keep my body clean and smelling pleasant. Like food, many people in other countries don't have the luxury of having a warm shower, they instead my have showers in cold water, or finding the opportunity to wash their body when it is raining. Or possibly going to a river to bathe in, but I wonder if many would find this luxurious and refreshing. Sometimes, they aren't able to even drink the water they have as it may be contaminated or unhealthy for them, sometimes mixed with dirt or mud, feeling this is all they have, they will still drink it. So I am very grateful that I have a vast supply of fresh, clean water to drink and shower in. I feel this is something that many people have and take for granted, not understanding how lucky they are. I for one, have realise how lucky I am to have this simple need.

I am also grateful to have water to help water my garden, keeping it healthy, being able to water my veggie garden, helping produce to grow, which I can use in my meals to help with nutrition. If I didn't have water, my carrot, or broccoli, or tomatoes wouldn't be able to either grow strong or even grow at all.

After writing this blog, showing gratitude for water, I have looked back and realised I have taken my water supply and usage for granted and will begin keeping watch of how I use water and be more "water-wise" from now on. I am grateful for this luxury and to have clean water in my possession. I would one day like to see people in those poorer countries have water that is fresh and clean as the water which I have, and if I get the chance, I will go out there and help get it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment