Friday 30 January 2015

January 30th - My Shoes

January 30th
I am grateful for my shoes. I know you are probably thinking "Dirk, have you run out of ideas already?" You maybe right but this is all part of the challenge, to find the small things that you are grateful for. But as funny as I may sound, I am grateful to have shoes.

My shoes have provided me with comfort and protection. During exercise, it has prevented my feet from blistering up and getting sore, cushioning my feet from the concrete while walking and jogging. It has help me get traction as I go jogging on ovals and grass areas, helping me not look like a fool and begin sliding everywhere.

I am also grateful for shoes at work. They protect my feet getting injured by moving machines that I use, sharp objects and even getting my feet wet or infected (if you understand the type of work that I do). As I have a job that requires me to be on my feet 90% of the time, it again provides comfort, allowing me to work far better than I would without shoes.

Again, as previously said in other blogs, I have seen people, whether in Australia or other countries, who are unable to obtain shoes or any type of suitable footwear, and have injured feet or find it hard to walk as their feet are too sore on the surfaces they walk on.

I am grateful to have shoes to physically walk further and be more active, protecting my feet from getting damage, not to mention, help look a little bit more presentable when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment