Monday 5 January 2015

January 5th - My Mum

January 5th
I am grateful for my Mum. It is easy for me to say so many things like, she has been there for me, I can't think of a better person to be my mum or you are the first woman to ever love me. All these things are true of course but I feel my mum had given her blood sweat and tears for me. This I am forever grateful for.

One story in particular that stands out for me about my mum, and this story was told to me by my mum herself. Out of both my parents, my mum was constantly working, and there was a time when I was either three, four or five years old, and in fact this particular time was during the Christmas. And if I'm not mistaken, it was within the week of Christmas day. Anyway, my mum worked hard to pay the bills, rent and so forth, pretty much by herself and would be so careful with money to try and by myself and my sisters presents for Christmas. She had told me that she got my sisters sometime small for Christmas and explained to them the situation of money, as they were old enough to understand. But she wasn't able to explain this too me as would not have a clue what bills were......I only figured that out around 2 years ago (yes, this is me trying to be funny. My apologies). So, my mum knew what I wanted from Santa, which was a Magna Doodle. Of course I wanted the toy that was a bit pricey, but my mum said she look at all different shops for it but couldn't find it, realising the shop was out of stock or she couldn't afford it. But she persisted and did find a Magna Doodle in a store and said she spend the last amount of money she had to get it for me.

I don't know if this story is as heart warming as how I've retold it but I still well up inside knowing that my mum went through all that effort to make me happy. Some of you may say it was a material thing, but I look beyond getting the actual toy and understand that my mum showed me what love is. That you will do what ever it takes to make the one that you love happy.

My mum has demonstrated constantly that she is a selfless person, always doing things for others before herself, if she ever does give herself a chance to do something for herself. She is always working hard to the bone, even to this day. She has shown to me to be kind and gently, to respect my elders and to stand up for myself, my rights and beliefs. Or in her words "don't take their crap!". I look up to that.

I can easily say I'm not the best son, and maybe so not even to her (and for this I am so sorry) but I will do what ever it takes to try and make her proud of me, because I am damn well proud that she is my mum.

This is why I am grateful to have the mum that I have. Thank you mum for all that you have done for me, V and P, and in extension to my wife, B. Love you Mum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment