Wednesday 7 January 2015

January 7th - My Siblings

January 7th
I am grateful for the siblings I have in my life. I have two older sister, making me the baby in the family. Yes, I have to say that I am grateful for them spoiling me when I was younger hehehe.

I am extremely grateful for many other things that have done for me in the past. Seeing as my parents were either busy with work and other projects in their life, my sister, in a way picked up a lot of 'slack' and helped me with many situation which I would have usually received from my parents. When I was younger, they taught me about house duties and chores, making me understand that anything that I did around the house to keep it looking neat and tidy was helping the rest of the family to keep the house neat and tidy. And to this day, I still maintain that habit and like to make the house look presentable. The only difference is, I am just that little bit lazier but I don't let the house get out of line.....much.

In my kiddy through to Primary school years, they would be active and play certain sports with me, teach me how to swim at the beach, help organise my birthday parties (making me TMNT cakes) and encourage any talents I had, whether it was drawing or music orientated. This may not sound like much but at the ages my sisters were, they had their own lives to control and mould, and they still took so much time for me and I am grateful for this.

In my high school years, I felt they were harsh with the advice they gave me. They gave me more specific house duties to do like dusting and vacuuming; and made sure I did it properly, otherwise I had to do it all again. I remember at the time thinking they needed to calm down but I do see now that it was a great lesson. There were many times they stood up for me, especially when it came to peer pressure situations, where they would either tell whoever it was to 'get out of our faces' or 'tell them to they aren't welcome in our house if they continue being an ass' (or something along those lines). If not that they would give me either a nudge, a certain look or a quiet word afterwards telling me to back away from the situation. They continued encouraging my talents, especially in drama and acting, by brainstorming ideas of stories and characters with me, or introduce me to someone who can further my talents. They also spent time helping me with school work, sometime doing near all nighters.

When I was out of high school and in my 20's, they really helped me more with understanding problems in the real world. I found they were really understanding and knowledgeable of what life is like outside of school at that present time. They didn't sugar coat things and told me where I needed to be careful, especially in regards to keeping my head above water with my finances and how to be effective in the workforce, even helping get a job at one stage. They were also there to give me advice when I was unsure of something, especially during times when I was emotionally hurt by someone or about family history and why certain situation happened the way they did and even relationship advice, spotting out a girl that wouldn't be good for me.

These things have helped me clear my mind about many past situations, my present life and how to deal with people. I feel I have become a stronger, caring, honest person with a fierce determination for wholesomeness and righteousness, loyal to worthwhile family and friends, ignoring negativity and those who seek to bring me down and here to live life to its fullest in my way!

I am extending this gratitude not only to my two wonderful sisters, but also to my parents, for all the love, support and guidance they have given me in the past as well as today, I have taken all that positivity with me into my married life and hope to be a great husband and father (when the time comes) to my family.  Thank you :) much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment