Saturday 31 January 2015

January 31st - Fire

January 31st
I am grateful for fire. I use fire quite often and for many different reasons.

One main reason I use fire is for cooking. Without fire, I'm unable to cook meats on the stove, and the oven wouldn't be as useful without a bit of fire to heat it up. Even while camping out under the stars, its always great having a camp fire to help cook or boil water. Not to mention roasted marshmellows! I am grateful to create fire to help with daily meals and recipes.

I am grateful to have fire to create heat during cold and wintery days. Even having a bonfire during parties or when company comes over to keep you warm outside. I am grateful for the warmth it gives myself and my friends when heating is down in the house and the only way to keep warm is sitting in front of a wood fire. And the ambience of a wood fire is so relaxing, and a great excuse to strike up conversations. You never have a dull conversation around a wood fire.

Fire is also used for certain jobs and professions, for example, glaziers and glass-blowers. The need fire to create glass. And many other professions need fire to create useful items that we use quite often.

But as for myself, I am grateful for the assistance fire provides for me, either keeping me warm or helping me with cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment