Monday 12 January 2015

January 12th - My Car

January 12th
I am grateful for my car. I have gone through two cars in my life, the one I have now and the one I had for the last 11 years. They have both served me well and I am grateful to have a car, as I believe many people don't understand how privileged they are to have one and abuse the use of owning one. I can honestly say I rely on my car to do nearly everything in my life with ease. Even though there are luxury extras in each car, such as ipod connectivity, bluetooth, handsfree phone connectivity, digital radio, internet radio etc, I am just grateful it allows me to get from A to B in a much quicker time that riding your bike or walking. It may sound stupid and simple saying that but its an absolutely truthful statement. I feel many people forget that and misuse the use of their car.

Late last year I had my car written off as someone had been hooning up our road at 2 o'clock in the morning and rammed into the front of my car. They continued driving off, screeching their tyres, too chicken to face what damage they caused. As my old car was...well old, the amount of damage cost more than what my car was worth and had to be written off. I had treasured that car and would constantly use it to go nearly everywhere, and it served me well and I'm absolutely grateful for the amount of driving it did without any trouble. There were many memories in that car, and many of my friends remember going in that car to go to parties, long drives to where ever, going interstate with that car and many interesting places. I do miss that car and will admit crying so deeply. as if someone close to me had passed away, the time it was towed away and I never saw it again. I am grateful for all I put that car through as well and grateful for the good 11 years it had helped me.

Now, I am grateful for my new car. Without it, I would firstly struggle to get to work, or be able to go anywhere with ease. It had taken me a while to get used to but it seems to be a very reliable and safe car. All the little extras have helped me ease into liking the car I must say but I am grateful to be back on my feet and go through life that little bit easier. However, I know I will not take the car for granted and take care of it as best as I can. This may be a smaller blog than the others but it doesn't mean I am less grateful for it that other things I have written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment