Saturday 3 January 2015

January 3rd - My Wife

January 3rd
I am grateful for my wife. This would have been the first post I would have started with for this project but I felt it was necessary to start with showing gratitude for the new year and last year first. This doesn't mean that my wife isn't as important, she is highly important to me and my life, and basically just about everything that I do.

I will always consider her a saving angel or a heard prayer as she had come into my life at the most perfect time. I needed someone special around me at the time my grandfather was passing away. She was there to keep me going and was there to help my family out. She kinda worked behind the scenes, not wanting the attention for the strength she had given me.

There are many things that she does that I am absolutely grateful for. She has this honesty that I so very much need. Most of the time it sounds like she is being harsh but I have learnt that it was not exactly something I wanted to hear but it was something that I needed to be hear, and within a small amount of time, I would understand that what she meant would be beneficial to both of us, but even more so, make it understandable for myself.

At many times during our time together so far, whether it would have been during the times we were dating, or during our time of engagement and even during in marriage so far, we would have arguments and disagreements on whatever, as every couple does. But what I found was that at the end of this discussion or argument, she would understand my point of view and actually empower it if necessary. I have never really had this happen to me at this extent and to be honest, I still find it as something new every time it happens. This makes me feel really special to have her in my life everytime, and renews my love for her.

She has this ability to make me feel like I'm worth something, that I am actually someone worthwhile to know, especially at times when others make me feel like I'm insignificant. She has taught me that I do have a voice and to use it productively, not to bottle up my feelings and keep my mouth shut. She has made me realise that my opinions do count.

I admire how passionately she stands up for not only myself, her friends and family, but more so for the right and good for people and animals. If she sees or hears something wrong, she will make sure that the situation has been justified or satisfactorily safe and harmonious for everyone. She doesn't dish out punishments if that what you have understood, but more so, for those around her to understand what is correct and decent.

She doesn't flaunt that she is perfect, in fact says that no one is perfect on this earth, but heck, as far as I'm concerned, she is perfect or the next best thing to it. Her philosophy on life is admirable, I can see how it makes sense to her, and thankfully at the same time, she understands my philosophy on life as well as understanding that I am learning as I go. And I am glad that she can put up with my constant change of mind on many situations and topics as long as I have a proper reason to do so.

Finally, I am so grateful to be married to a woman who has such a beautiful soul, and so lucky that our paths in life came together. You are beautiful inside and out, and thank you for taking up the ongoing challenge to help me feel the same way. Love you so much B and I hope this isn't too mushy for you :P











1 comment: